DFW Outdoor Experience Christmas Gift Ideas
This year, give the gift of outdoor adventures and Explore More of what DFW has to offer! We want to get out and explore our city so we put together this list for you for some local outdoor experience gift ideas. We have been gifting classes/workshops and tickets for years and love it! Sometimes, we all agree to forgo gifts all together and go on a ski trip instead. We have some family friends who have tradition of buying one experience per couple for the whole family to enjoy together. Whatever you choose to do, don't forget to always support local!
- An ExploreMore event voucher: This voucher is discounted from the normal ticket price and is good for one ticket to one of our outdoor hike and yoga or hike, yoga and brew event. Want to do a private group hike and yoga or outdoor workshop? Send us a message for a quote.
Night at SkyBox Cabins: At the top of the Texas hill country, SkyBox cabins are a perfect place for a serene overnight stay with amazing views from the bedroom balconies. Each cabin has something unique that makes it very special and promises a wonderful experience. Located in Glen Rose, you can also head over to Dinosaur Valley State Park for some fun exploring.
- Rock Climbing Gym gift card: There are many amazing climbing gyms in DFW so if there is one near you, stop in for a gift card. Sometimes gyms will do punch cards as well and you can buy 10 day passes at once. Here are just 2 gyms that we love but there are more so do some research for what gyms are near you.
Kayak rental: There are many places all over DFW to kayak from the Brazos River to Lake Ray Hubbard. See where you can climb near you or check out one of these kayak rental locations.
- Texas State Parks Passport or Dallas Trails Bingo Card: Enjoy one of these fun items that you can keep in your car or backpack. They are small and cheap and fun ways to explore more of the outdoors in DFW and Texas. You also may win some fun items while you play!
- Zip line voucher at Go Ape at Oak Point Nature Preserve in Plano: Explore the tree tops at Plano's largest and beautiful nature preserve.
- Texas Survival School class: Texas Survival School is the premier survival, self reliance, and bushcraft school in North Texas. I personally want to do their wild edibles class on May 28th!
Mountain biking clinic: Have you wanted to try mountain biking but may not have the skills or confidence to hit the trail? Do you have a mountain bike sitting in your garage and collecting dust? Book a biking clinic so you can gain the knowledge to enjoy the trail!
- Texas State Parks Pass and/or America the Beautiful National Park Pass: Enjoy Americas most beautiful protected lands with one or both of these passes.
- Gift card to any local outfitter: Not sure which experience to try, check out your LOCAL outfitter and they may have some recommendations or perfect items for your loved ones. Here is a list of some of our favorites but this is absolutely not all of them. Check out what outfitters are near you.
No matter what you are doing for Christmas this year, don't forget to support local and give gifts that will be remembered and won't end up in the trash next month. Experiences are our favorite thing to gift and we encourage you to give the gift of experience! DFW has some amazing places to explore so choose to Explore More this holiday season.